Sunday, September 11, 2011

Here I am in Rotterdam again.
It was a great weekend.  Went to Lund, Sweden to celebrate Lars' cousin's wedding.  It was lovely, in this church that is probably twice as old as my native country.  Quite amazing.  Everybody was saying there was too much "God" mentioned by the priest though.. which was a bit awkward for me.  I thought it was wonderful.  What's the point in marriage without God anyway?  That's.. kind of how it originated.  Otherwise they should have just gone to town-hall and signed the papers.  But whatever, everybody was so nice and I love being around them.  Lars's brothers are really really wonderful.  I feel like they're my brothers too, in a way.  Basically, I love Sweden and I wish we could live there.

So anyway, we're back in Rotterdam and I've unpacked and set up  my PC.  It turns on finally, and runs alright, but a lot of the cooling paste disappeared when the pcu fell out of the mobo, so it overheats now.  Gonna have to run to the store tomorrow and pick up some more of that.  I've got to make a list actually..
Cooling paste, stuff for dinner, socks.  I also have to try and return this pair of jeans I bought from Topshop.  I don't know if they can take them back since I bought them in another country, but it's worth a shot if I can get my $75 back.  I won't be too disappointed if they can't though.. because they're REALLY nice jeans.  So soft!

I hope I'll be able to get used to this city soon.  I really need to get a map of the area so I won't get lost.  All the streets in the Netherlands are severely disorganized.  They just go too and fro, and I've got no clue how people can manage the sidewalks, streets and bicycle lanes all at once.  It's gonna take a lot of getting used to.  Then again, I was able to survive in Amsterdam.

Gonna try and get back to sleep now.

No comments: