Monday, May 26, 2014

I think I'll blog a bit.  Haven't written anything here in years.  It feels a little funny, but I think I started holding in a lot of my thoughts and feelings over the past few months, and I shouldn't get back in that habit.
Summer is finally here again!  I'm really hoping Geri and I can move someplace before winter... I really can't take anymore cold weather.  I'm really looking forward to heat and sweating and feeling the burning sensation of the sun on my skin.  I will NOT complain about heat this summer.
Last night I saw Godzilla with my parents.  It was a reeeally good movie.  So many amazing scenes that got your adrenaline pumping.  I'd definitely go see it again.  It was so nice to do something with my parents, especially that my dad so obviously enjoyed.  I really am starting to appreciate them more and more every day.  I was reading old LJ posts of mine, and almost all of them were chock full of complains about my mom or dad.  It hurt me to read them, not only because I remember feeling the way I did when I wrote them, but also because the things I said were so hateful.  I could never think that same way anymore.  I was playing Sudoku with my mom yesterday... taught her how to play, and it took her a while but she finished it and then we hugged and laughed and it was just really nice.  There were a few times when she would say something, or I would get a rush of that old feeling of revulsion I always had when I was around her, but I just had to take a moment to suppress it, and remind myself that she isn't the same, nor is she in any way going to cause me grief right now.  It's all in the past. I haven't felt that way doing something with her in... I don't think ever.  It was kind of bittersweet.  I wish I could have more memories with her like that.  But then again, it's never too late to start making them, I suppose.  I feel like, now that my parents are grandparents, I don't know how much longer I am going to have them in my life.  They weren't perfect, but they taught me everything I needed to know.  I am a very stable, secure person because of them.
Geri and I are so good together.  I don't feel the need to be all lovey dovey and mushy gushy in love with him, because I'm married to him, but I just feel like he is my other half.  He is such a perfect compliment to the things and abilities I lack, and the best part is that I know I do the same for him.  We really need each other.  I've never had any kind of relationship like this before.  It's so wonderful knowing we can save each other from ourselves over and over.  It builds the strongest respect.  This is what marriage should be.  I'm so glad I found something I could have only imagined was out there.
Anyway, got stuff to do and laundry to put away.

No comments: