Friday, February 12, 2010

Something in me really wants to become a carpenter. Building things out of wood has always been fun and gives me a sense of accomplishment. It's becoming a lost skill.. most jobs these days just want people to sit in front of a computer, dulling us down mentally and physically. I've always wanted to learn a real vocational skill.
Maybe I'll take a class and learn how to build chairs and cabinets. It might even be fun to help build a house. That's how people lived and worked and survived for millenia before capitalism took over and people started wanting brain-dead drones to sit at a desk for 8 hours a day. Society is losing its ability to build its own things, fix its own utilities and provide its own furnishings.

Yes. I will look into this. I'd probably have an easier time finding a job hammering stuff together than anything in the Journalism field anyway.

No comments: