Sunday, May 16, 2010

I feel.. aching pain.. when I listen to ISIS. I oftentimes think Cult of Luna can compare to them because they are the only other band I've known of who can do such magical things with music.. but then I listen to Threshold of Transformation, and I don't feel worthy to even be hearing such .. there's no word to describe the music ISIS creates. It's not even music.. it's so far beyond it. Maybe I'm just overtired and have been put into a trance after blasting it for an hour in the car, but I think something other-worldly comes over them when they go to play these songs, because I do not feel on any Earthly plane when listening to the best of them. It's so good at some points I don't even want to breathe because it will distract me from taking in all the essence. All of my other senses become obsolete.
Actually I probably shouldn't drive and listen to them so much because I don't feel like I can keep my eyes open.. visions are just another distraction from the divinity.
If I could sacrifice sleep in order to just loop their albums forever, I'd do it.

1 comment:

t2mike2 said...

Im sorry i keep commenting. I keep reading your post and thinking ,.. wow... someone else on the planet feels this way?.

When i heard Backlit maybe the 5th time, i still remember the incredible warmth that swept over me. Every hair on my body stood up. And then when the heavy kicks in, it just feels like standing in front of the most amazing tidal wave and having it consume you.

Its absolutely purifying.

Consuming.

Man its just good to know someone else experiences that. None of my friends get it.

---
btw that album i sent you, its full of moments like that, though isis remains supreme. But especially the last song. I recall listening to that while driving about a year ago and experiencing the single happiest moment of my life.