Thursday, May 27, 2010

Though I'm very glad to be back in Dublin with Lars, after an amazing week with Michelle, I finally have time to mourn the loss of the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.. ISIS is no more.
It doesn't seem like it could be true.. ISIS splitting is as close to one of my worst nightmares I could imagine, and yet here it is.
It's absolutely surreal how much they've changed my life for the better.  The emotions I've felt, beyond anything I could ever imagine I could have been able to..  the bliss and divinity I've experienced listening to their music.. oh God I feel like I will have a breakdown knowing they won't be making any more music.  No more shows to catch.  It HURTS me physically.
All I can say is that I am so happy to have been able to know about this band, live in the time when they were creating magic and see them in front of me more than once.  I can't really explain how I feel about them.. they're like my other half.

I've got plenty of pictures of my trip to upload, stories to tell and experiences to reflect upon, but for now I just want to close my eyes and look back at the life I've lived for the past 9 years and how much of it exists the way it does, because I've had ISIS.

1 comment:

t2mike2 said...

i totally feel ya, the last 4 years of my life have been the absolute hardest, and isis has gotten me through. I actually played Isis at my wedding even!
Somehow they have given voice to the whole array of emotions and colors and images that have been trapped me for so long.

A recommendation. A band called Mouth of the Architect. Album called The Ties That Blind. The only music to touch me nearly as much as isis's has.

heres a link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?99dzu0n2g2n