Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm always wondering why Dublin is such an unfashionable city.  I'm not huge into fashion, but I appreciate a well-done outfit, hot shoes, accessories etc.. if I had more money, I definitely think I'd be more fashionable than I am.
Anyway, I really can't figure out this problem.  Is it because they're confined to an island?  Guys walking around with mullets, baggy t-shirts that say adidas or Nike across the front, and a different sports brand of track pants, which are cleverly tucked into their socks.  Really ugly sneakers on the bottom.  There's no excuse for that.  It DOESN'T LOOK GOOD.  Why???  Who created this disaster?  And what's worse, there's a lot of older men who walk around wearing that kind of garbage, because they want to seem like cool young kids.  I'm aghast.  I'll try to post some pics later.
The girls aren't as bad.  They generally wear really cute heels or sneakers and skinny jeans/leggings.. but then they go and wear an ugly shirt just to throw you off.  And they're obsessed with the 80's hair.  Don't get me wrong, I like the teased-80's hair look, but they take it in a different direction.. the wrong direction.  Again, I'll post pics later.  It's embarassing.

Last night I had weird dreams.  First, I dreamt my grandpa was staying with us, and then he started getting really sick so we were trying to take him to the hospital because we knew he didn't have much time left.. it was really awful.  In the dream I had to think 'Wait, hasn't this already happened?  He's not alive, is he?'  and then remembered that he had already died.  Gah.. it was so terrible.  Why would I dream that?  I was so used to seeing him as this incredibly fragile, dying man.. but he was so wonderful.  I miss him so much.  I really really do.

No comments: